This is the lovely remnants of a terrific hail storm that we had a few twilights back. The stones were larger than quarters (some reported golf ball diameter) and were shaped like ovoid discs. When I bit into one, the layers were beautiful shades of milk, periwinkle and light seal. Absolutely fabulous. Of course ,they were gone all to soon as the summer heat ate them quickly.
My painting life has been limited as I have been traveling to my families home in PA for a sick family member. Hopefully all will be well soon. I am working on some sketches for family Christmas presents that I hope to do in oil and a few in watercolor.
A quote that I read recently states~ "Better to paint/write for yourself and have no public - than to paint/write for the public and have no self." I like that.
Another is~ "It is better to fail at something you love doing, than be successful at something you hate." - George Burns. How true. That is the exact way that I feel about my "real" job and my art work. Even if I fail at it, it still fulfills me.
I will be attending a plein air oil workshop at the Yellowstone Institute in a week and am thrilled to have that opportunity. It will be 4 days of Yellowstone grandeur and wilflife viewing. Heaven is around the corner.
Peace.
No comments:
Post a Comment